Doctor in Charge of Microbiology Laboratories
IMDEA Water is a non-profit research Institute, promoted by the Regional Government of Madrid, to carry out research in water technologies. This Institute is part of the IMDEA network, the institutional framework that combines support from both the public and private sectors and harmonizes research with market demand, strengthening the presence of the private sector in science.
It complies with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
IMDEA Agua announces, for its microbiology laboratories, a position for a laboratory technician with academic training as a Doctor and experienced in the field, capable of coordinating and organizing the work of the lab's own technical staff and that provided specifically and temporarily for the research projects developed.
The tasks to be carried out are specified in:
- Manage compliance with internal laboratory standards.
- Supervise and plan the activities carried out by the technical staff in the laboratory.
- Participate in technical meetings to cover the demand for research projects and laboratory analysis.
- Supervise the bidding processes for equipment, materials, including the bid evaluation and award stages, as well as equipment maintenance contracts.
- Control and maintenance of laboratory instrumental equipment.
- Collaborate in the laboratory personnel selection processes.
- Detect the training needs of laboratory technical personnel.
- Prepare results reports
- Generate monthly reports with analysis statistics and response times.
- Give practical training to laboratory technicians in handling equipment.
- Develop and validate analysis methodologies.
- Supervise the activity of technicians attached to research projects.
- Bibliographic searches and treatment of scientific information: (ISI Web of Science, Scifinder, Scopus).
- Drafting of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and scientific articles.
- Dissemination and dissemination of scientific results (participation in congresses, seminars, researchers' night, etc.)
- Others of a similar nature and qualification that may be entrusted by the IMDEA Water Management.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- PhD in Biology with a solid background in Microbiology (MECES Level 4 - EQF Level 8).
- At least 5 years of postdoctoral experience/laboratory work.
- Experience in developing molecular tools for qualitative and quantitative identification of microorganisms (bacteria and viruses) in environmental samples from aquatic ecosystems.
- Experience in developing tools based on metatranscriptomics for the study of the activity of microorganisms in aquatic ecosystems.
- Proficiency in English.
- Experience in laboratory management, order management, stock control, etc.
- Ability to work in a team
Candidates must present the following information:
- Curriculum Vitae (Spanish or English). The CV must be attached using the IMDEA Water template. CVs in any other format will not be accepted.
- A cover letter presenting her/his candidacy and merits, and including her/his personal motivation to join the laboratory team (Spanish or English).
- Other documents for accrediting the experience in the required profile.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Suitability of the candidate´s training and experience to the open position
- Interview, if applicable, of those applicants considered most suitable for the job position.
Employment contract full-time indefinite: 37.5 hours/week
Annual gross salary: 40.656 €
Approximate incorporation date: November, 2023
IMDEA Water Foundation. Avda. Punto Com nº 2 - 28805 Alcalá de Henares, Madrid.
- Cover letter (pdf)
- Other documents
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates