Research assistant: “Sampling and pretreatment of samples from WWTPs for the identification and quantification of micronanoplastics (MNPs) by Pyr-GC-MS”
IMDEA Water is a non-profit research Institute, promoted by the Regional Government of Madrid, to carry out research in water technologies. This Institute is part of the IMDEA network, the institutional framework that combines support from both the public and private sectors and harmonizes research with market demand, strengthening the presence of the private sector in science.
It complies with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
This call is for hiring a Research Assistant to to work in the framework of the nanoCLEAN project “Quantification, treatment and environmental impact of micronanoplastics in WWTPs”. Grant PID2019-111519RA-I00 funded by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033, which is scheduled for completion in February 2024.
The work to be performed will be focused on research on:
- Validation of the sampling and preconcentration system of MNPs in WWTPs by membrane technology
- Development of sample pretreatment methods of different matrices such as water and sludge
- Support the data analysis of the experimental results obtained.
- Participation in dissemination actvities.
- M.Sc in Chemistry or Bachelor´s Degree in Chemistry with a Master, M.Sc in Environmental Sciences or Bachelor´s Degree in Environmental Sciences with a Master, M.Sc in Biology or Bachelor´s Degree in Biology with a Master, M.Sc in Chemical Engineering or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering with a Master, M.Sc in Environmental Engineering or Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering with a Master. EQF Level 7 (MECES 3).
Candidates must present the following information:
- Curriculum Vitae (in Spanish or English). The CV must be attached using the IMDEA Water template. CVs in any other format will not be accepted
- Cover letter (Spanish or English) presenting her/his candidacy and merits, and including her/his personal motivation to join the research team
- Experience in the use of membrane processes for the preconcentration of samples containing MNPs
- Experience in the pretreatment of wastewater and sludge samples containing MNPs
- Experience with sampling of MNPS in WWTPs
- Experience in data analysis and writing reports
- Those candidates with the best profile may be summoned for an interview
Employment contract full-time: 37.5 hours/week
Annual gross salary: 21,000 €
Aproximate incorporation date: October, 2023.
Type of contract: contract for scientific-technical activities under article 23-bis of Law 14/2011, of 1 June, on Science, Technology and Innovation.
IMDEA Water Foundation. Avda. Punto Com nº 2 - 28805 Alcalá de Henares, Madrid
- Cover letter (pdf)
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates