Research Assistant: Project ECOREST
IMDEA Water is a non-profit research Institute, promoted by the Regional Government of Madrid, to carry out research in water technologies. This Institute is part of the IMDEA network, the institutional framework that combines support from both the public and private sectors and harmonizes research with market demand, strengthening the presence of the private sector in science.
It complies with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
The European Social Fund could co-finance partly the contracts formalized from this call within the Thematic Objective 10 "Investing in education, training and vocational training for skills and lifelong learning"
This call is to hire a research assistant to support the ECOREST project: Ecotoxicological tools for the assessment of resilience to climate change and chemical stress. Grant RTI2018-097158-A-C32 funded by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033 and by ERDF ´A way of making Europe´. The candidate will participate in several field sampling campaigns to assess water flows and the chemical status of the freshwater ecosystem of the Albufera Natural Park and will implement modelling tools aimed at the calculation of nutrient and pesticide loads into the system.
The tasks to be carried out are:
- Field trips and sampling of water and sediment.
- Analysis of environmental samples.
- Parameterization of hydrological models.
- Scenario assessment.
This post is based in Valencia.
- M.Sc in Environmental Science or bachelor´s degree in Environmental Science with a master´s degree. EQF Level 7 (MECES 3).
- Experience in the use of water quality monitoring techniques.
- Experience in using hydrological models for the calculation of the environmental fate of nutrients and other contaminants in aquatic systems.
- Basic level of English.
- Driving license.
Candidates must present the following information:
- Curriculum vitae (Spanish or English)
- A cover letter presenting her/his candidacy and merits, and including her/his personal motivation (Spanish or English)
- Previous experience.
- Level of adequacy to the vacancy.
Employment contract full-time: 37.5 hours/week
Annual gross salary: 21.000 €
Incorporation date: March 1st, 2022
Contract period: 6 months
- Cover letter (pdf)
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates