Call for hiring of a research assistant to nanoCLEAN project
IMDEA Water is a non-profit research Institute, promoted by the Regional Government of Madrid, to carry out research in water technologies. This Institute is part of the IMDEA network, the institutional framework that combines support from both the public and private sectors and harmonizes research with market demand, strengthening the presence of the private sector in science.
It complies with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers
The European Social Fund could co-finance partly the contracts formalized from this call within the Thematic Objective 10 "Investing in education, training and vocational training for skills and lifelong learning"
This call is for hiring a Research Assistant to support in nanoCLEAN project “Quantification, treatment and environmental impact of micronanoplastics in WWTPs”. This project is funded by the Ministry of Science and Innovation, “Retos Investigación 2019” call, ref.: PID2019-111519RA-I00 / AEI / 10.13039/501100011033
The work to be performed will be focused on research on:
- Literature review of scientific articles focused on thermal degradation analytical methods for the identification and quantification of MNPs.
- Support the optimization of instrumental parameters of the Pyr-GC-MS for the analysis of MNPs.
- Conduct sample preparation and preconcentration experiments.
- Development of sample pretreatment methods.
- Preparation and characterization of standard solutions used in the calibration of the Pyr-GC-MS and evaluation of the commercial standards.
- Support the data analysis of the experimental results obtained.
- Writting standard working procedures and scientific articles.
- Participation in dissemination activities.
- M.Sc in Chemistry/Environmental Science or Bachelor Degree in Chemistry/Environmental Science with a Master, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering. EQF Level 7 (MECES 3).
- Fluent in Spanish and English (spoken and written).
Candidates must present the following information:
- Curriculum vitae (Spanish or English)
- Official academic transcripts of Bachelor's and Master's degrees (Both into a single pdf document)
- A cover letter presenting her/his candidacy and merits, and including her/his personal motivation (Spanish or English)
- Experience in MNP handling, identification and quantification.
- Working experience in the developemnt of analytical methods.
- Experience with the use of GC-MS.
- Experience with Pyrolisis.
- Experience on the use of different type of sample pretreatment methods.
- Experience in sample preconcentration processes such as filtration/membrane processes.
- Experience in data analysis and writing reports.
- Those candidates with the best profile may be summoned for an interview.
Employment contract full-time: 37.5 hours/week
Annual gross salary: 20.000 - 23.000 €
Incorporation date: June 1st, 2021
Contract period: until the ending of the project. Estimated May 31st, 2023.
IMDEA Water Foundation. Avda. Punto Com 2, 28805 Alcalá de Henares (Spain)
- Cover letter.pdf
- Official academic transcripts
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates