Call for hiring of a research assistant
IMDEA Water is a non-profit research Institute, promoted by the Regional Government of Madrid, to carry out research in water technologies. This Institute is part of the IMDEA network, the institutional framework that combines support from both the public and private sectors and harmonizes research with market demand, strengthening the presence of the private sector in science.
It complies with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers
The European Social Fund will co-finance partly the contracts formalized from this call within the Thematic Objective 10 "Investing in education, training and vocational training for skills and lifelong learning"
This call is to cover a research assistant position to collaborate in the project funded by Community of Madrid, into the regional program to support industrial PhD studies:
- IND2018/AMB-9197 Design, construction and validation of METland® technologies applied to the disposal of nutrients in wastewater.
The work to be performed will be focus on studying the microbiology involved in Bioelectrochemical systems for treating wastewater.
- Bachelor degree in Biology and Master degree in Microbiology, or similar. EQF Level 7 (MECES 3).
- High level of English (spoken and written)
- Experience on microbial electrochemistry applied to wastewater treatment by electroactive biofilters.
- A background on microbiology of anaerobic environments
- Attitude for working in a multidisciplinary team
Candidates must present the following information:
- Curriculum vitae (Spanish and English) (Both into a single document)
- A cover letter presenting her/his candidacy and merits, and including her/his personal motivation (Spanish and English) (Both into a single document)
- Curriculum vitae
- Adequacy of the training and experience of the candidate to the requested profile
- Those candidates with the best profile could be called for an interview
Employment contract full-time: 37.5 hours/week
Annual gross salary: 20.000 - 23.000 €
Incorporation date: May 1st, 2021
Contract period: 8 months.
IMDEA Water Foundation. Avda. Punto Com 2, 28805 Alcalá de Henares (Spain)
- Cover letter.pdf
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates