Laboratory technician – analysis of phytoplankton and zooplankton
IMDEA Water is a non-profit research Institute, promoted by the Regional Government of Madrid, to carry out research in water technologies. This Institute is part of the IMDEA network, the institutional framework that combines support from both the public and private sectors and harmonizes research with market demand, strengthening the presence of the private sector in science.
It complies with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers
The European Social Fund will co-finance partly the contracts formalized from this call within the Axis 1 Thematic Objective 8 "Promotion of employment and labor mobility", for the period 2014-2020
The hired technician will participate in the project ‘Analysis of phytoplankton and zooplankton in surface water’ developed by IMDEA Water with the aim of determining the temporal variation of these organisms in surface water bodies. The main tasks of the hired person will be:
- Taxonomic analysis of phytoplankton and zooplankton in freshwater samples.
- Analysis of the biomass of planktonic organisms in freshwater samples.
- Analysis of parameters related to water quality.
- Maintenance of microscopes and preparation of analytical methodologies.
- Bibliographic searches.
- Preparation of scientific reports and standard laboratory procedures.
Candidates must present the following information:
- Curriculum vitae
- A cover letter presenting her/his candidacy and merits, and including her/his personal motivation to join the research team
BSc on Biology, Environmental Sciences, or similar.
Experience in the taxonomic identification of phytoplankton and zooplankton
Availability to travel and to participate in field sampling campaigns.
Capacity to adapt to new work environments.
Valuable: experience with the statistical processing and analysis of environmental data.
Valuable: English language, spoken and written.
- Adequacy of the profile to the job description
Employment contract full-time: 37.5 hours/week
Annual gross salary: 20.000 - 23.000 €
Incorporation date: February, 2021
Contract period: 1 year.
IMDEA Water Foundation. Avda. Punto Com 2, 28805 Alcalá de Henares (Spain)
- Cover letter.pdf
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates