Unconventional wastewater treatment: vegetation filters
IMDEA Water is a non-profit research Institute, promoted by the Regional Government of Madrid, to carry out research in water technologies. This Institute is part of the IMDEA network, the institutional framework that combines support from both the public and private sectors and harmonizes research with market demand, strengthening the presence of the private sector in science.
It complies with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers
The European Social Fund will co-finance partly the contracts formalized from this call within the Thematic Objective 10 "Investing in education, training and vocational training for skills and lifelong learning".
This call is for hiring a research assitant to support in the project "Unconventional wastewater treatment: vegetation filters "
The work to be performed will be focused on:
- Support research for the aforementioned project and support at the research line "Soil and water quality in the environment" under supervision of the main researcher for the line, Dr. Irene de Bustamante.
Candidates must satisfy the following requirements:
- Hold a (EQF Level 7 or MECES 3):
- Degree or graduated in Geology with a master
- Degree or graduated in Geological Engineering with a master
- Mining Engineer
- Graduate in Mining Technology Engineering with a master
- Degree or graduate in Forestry Engineering with a master
- Graduate in Natural Environment Engineering with a master
- Agricultural Engineer
- Graduate in Agricultural Engineering with a master
- Graduate in Agroenvironmental Engineering with a master
- Fieldwork experience
- Experience in monitoring and control of unconventional treatments
- Soil, water and plant sampling experience
- Usual work with scientific articles
- Advanced use of GIS.
- Language knowledge: Spanish and English
- Knowledge of other languages will be valued
- Average rating (undergraduate or degree), more than 8 out of 10.
- Advanced level user in computer applications (treatment database, word processor).
- Modeling knowledge
- Hydrus formation
- Skills required: good analytical and problem-solving capacity, organized and able to design, monitor and comply with work plans.
- Ability to adapt to new working environments.
- Driving license
Candidates must present the following information:
- Curriculum vitae (Spanish or English)
- Official academic transcripts of Bachelor's and Master's degrees (Both into a single pdf document)
- A cover letter presenting her/his candidacy and merits, and including her/his personal motivation (Spanish and English) (Both into a single document)
- Official academic transcripts
- Curriculum vitae
- Suitability of the profile to the job position
Those candidates with the best profile may be summoned for an interview.
Employment contract full-time: 37.5 hours/week
Annual gross salary: 20.000 - 23.000 €
Incorporation date: January 1st, 2021
Contract period: 1 year. The contract could be extended annually for project needs after a favourable assessment of performance and availability of resources
IMDEA Water Foundation. Avda. Punto Com 2, 28805 Alcalá de Henares (Spain)
- Cover letter.pdf
- Official academic transcripts
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates