Separation and sampling of micronanoplastics (MNPS) in WWTPs by membrane technology
IMDEA Water is a non-profit research Institute, promoted by the Regional Government of Madrid, to carry out research in water technologies. This Institute is part of the IMDEA network, the institutional framework that combines support from both the public and private sectors and harmonizes research with market demand, strengthening the presence of the private sector in science.
It complies with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers
This call is for hiring a Research Assistant to support in µNanoCare project “Quantification of micronanoplastics in reclaimed water and agricultural ecosystems. Environmental risk assessment”. This project is funded by the Ministry of Science and Innovation, “Retos Colaboración 2019” call, ref.: RTC2019-007261-5
The work to be performed will be focused on research on:
- Study of MNPs separation by MF and UF membranes.
- Development of MNP sampling system based on the use of membranes
- Implementation, maintenance and sampling of laboratory scale experiments
- Preparation and sampling of campaigns in WWTPs
- Data analysis
- Writing scientific articles
- Participation in conferences to present the obtained results
- Participation in dissemination activities
Candidates must present the following information:
- Curriculum vitae (Spanish or English)
- English level title
- List of publications
- A cover letter (Spanish or English) presenting her/his candidacy and merits, and including her/his personal motivation to join the research team
- M.Sc in Environmental Science or Bachelor´s Degree in Environmental Science with a Master, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering (EQF Level 7 or MECES 3).
- Fluent in Spanish and English (spoken and written).
- Scientific papers.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Fitness of experience and expertise of the candidate to the open position:
- Experience and participation in national and European research projects
- Working experience with the use of filtration systems and water treatment by the use of membranes
- Membrane surface characterization
- Experience on the assembling of membranes
- Commissioning of equipments or laboratory protocols
- Experience in data analysis and reports writing in English
- Those candidates with the best profile may be summoned for an interview
Employment contract full-time: 37.5 hours/week
Annual gross salary: 20.000 - 23.000 €
Incorporation date: January 1st, 2021
Contract period: 18 months
IMDEA Water Foundation. Avda. Punto Com 2, 28805 Alcalá de Henares (Spain)
- Cover letter.pdf
- Relevant scientific publications
- Official accreditation of level of English
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates